Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Deplorable Lack of Natural Light

Of Cuttery & Skinnies & Surveys

Does it weird anyone else out, that we go about
with inches upon inches of dead STUFF hanging
off of the back of our heads?
I find it delightfully macabre, if I think about it
for too long :D

SO!
It's been a few days of returning to form.
The hair has been chopped off!
And I have once again braved the Skinny Jean.
But before you get to see those pictures,
here, have a survey I stole from
My new favorite Mermaid!

1. Who’s your favourite designer?
I have many! Betsy Johnson, Alexander McQueen, Tarina Tarantino, any of my friends who are good with a needle ;)

2. If you had to move out of the country you are living in now, where would you choose to live?
But…I like Japan! Oh fine, England I suppose. Or Australia.

3. Do any of your friends blog?
A few people I know IRL do. They are listed to your right.

4. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
Hmm. See, I seek out things that will scare me, so I do not know. There are emotional scares, phobia scares, adrenaline scares…jumping off a cliff is pretty high up there, though, even if there was water at the bottom.

5. What hair products do you use?
Garnier Fructis shampoo & conditioner, followed by John Freda anti-frizz serum, and heat-guard if I flat-iron.

6. Would you rather be in a submarine by yourself for six months or in a rocket ship in space with your best friend for a year?
Oh god, I dunno. Probably rocket ship, because even if Dena and I kill each other after month 11, we’d get to float and I am WAY too claustrophobic for a sub.

7. Would you rather be a model in Paris or a musician in Barcelona?
Musician in Barcelona, even though I have very little musical talent. If I could be magically given some, than yes. If it were with the talents I currently possess, then model.

8. Would you rather be an artist in San Francisco or a dancer in New York?
Same criteria. Dancer if I suddenly have talent, artist otherwise…I love New York far more than California.

9. Would you go back and change anything in your life?
Not as many as people would assume, they made me who I am. There are a few moments that could have been avoided, though, mostly ones that greatly hurt other people.

10. Do you have a job? If so, where? And do you like it?
Not currently. Unless you count Being Fabulous, in which case, I LOVE it.

11. Are your friends fashionable?
A fair few of them are, I think! Dena, Kater and I are pretty damn hip and with it.

12. Why did you decide to start this blog?
In the current incarnation? Because I liked cataloguing my adventures, sans most of the personal life. Also for the purposes of Wardrobe Project.

13. When did you start this blog?
I originally started it in September of 2006, and kept it until early 2009, at which point I cleaned out all the emo crap and started anew, with new goals.

14. Did you or do you make any of your clothes yourself?
I am awesome at altering tshirts into something flattering. I’ve started venturing out into other avenues again lately too. I also knit a lot, and make most of my own jewelry.

15. If you could be anyone for a day who would it be?
Amanda Palmer, depending on the day ;)

16. What’s your favourite highstreet shop?
That’s a tough one, seeing as if I want to spend lots of money, I’ll go to an independently owned boutique.

17. If you could live anywhere in the whole world, where would it be?
After here, probably either NYC or the middle of nowhere, Ireland. I am only comfy in jam-packed cities, or the open country. The in-between places, without tall buildings or tall mountains, make me depressed.

18. What’s the one thing you regret not doing most?
Hmm. Happily, I do not have many of those. I regret not pushing myself further in school, in general.

19. Favourite colour?
Black.

20. What’s your perfect summer outfit?
Swishy skirt, fun/weird/band top, heels, shades.

21. Who’s your favourite radio DJ?
No radio in my life, happily.

22. Can you play any instruments?
Piano a little.

23. What colour is your toothbrush?
White and purple.

24. Best and worst thing about blogging?
Best: Having an outlet to express my more creative sides, fashion-minded sides, etc. By showing myself as I really am from those angles, I make connections with people from all over the place! A connection of souls, for a girl who had so few kindreds in the past, is welcome in any form.

I agree with Kim for the worst: The worst thing is trying to get your name out there and sometimes putting hours of work into writing and improving things for almost nothing in return, being frustrated about what to do and where to go with what you're doing, and having negative people try to bring you down.

25. Where do you see your blog in 5 years time?
No idea! Hopefully with more readers and thus, more interactive features.

26. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I shall be 28! And hmm. We’ll probably be ready to have kids by then, probably back in the States. Hopefully published, writing regularly, living somewhere extraordinary. Wherever the wind blows.

27. Who are your favorite bands/music artists?
The list is far too long. Topping the list, Tori Amos, Social Distortion, Bat For Lashes, The Magnetic Fields, New Order, The Smashing Pumpkins, Iron & Wine, Placebo, Amanda Palmer…

28. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have four brothers and one sister, living.

29. If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Black. It’s for all occasions.

30. Your favorite item in your wardrobe?
Black tights.

31. Your least favorite item in your wardrobe?
I don’t buy things unless I feel passionate about them.

32. If you could meet up and talk fashion/go shopping with anyone, who would you pick and why?
Zooey Deschanel! She’d be terribly fun and hilarious, and her personal style is divine, and close to my own. We could swap shoes :D

33. If your perfect day was patterned after a song, which song would it be?
Here Comes The Sun, The Beatles

34. Describe your capsule wardrobe:
Dresses, skirts, tights, denim shorts, killer heels, sweaters, flats, unique and pretty tops.

35. Where do you get inspiration from?
Mainly books, fashion magezines, and whimsical music. I cannot listen to Loreena McKennitt without being inspired, it is impossible.

36. What do you want to do with your life?
Leave the world more colorful and fantastic than how I found it. Be known for my stories.

37. Who is most important to you?
Rick, my sister, Cthulhu.

38. If you could host a dinner party and could invite anyone, who would you invite?
Oh my, the choices! Jesus, Rick, Dena, Kater, Amanda Palmer, Galileo, Billy Corgan, Neil Gaiman, Francesca Lia Block, Johnny Depp, Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Betsy Johnson, Zooey Deschanel, Harry Potter, Death, Alice Liddel, Natasha Khan, Brytnee, C. S. Lewis, Wil Wheaton, Alan Moore, Anderson Cooper, Mum, Buddha…

39. Do you have any style icons?
Sienna Miller (even if I am not built like her), Zooey Deschanel (I am built AND colored like her!), Kat Von D (her personality grates, but she herself looks like a goddess), Natasha Khan (Disco Indian Princess!), Gala Darling (FAB color + ink!), Jayne Mansfield (the girl can’t help it!), Rose McGowan (so 40’s PinUp!), the list goes on…

40. What is your favorite decade for vintage clothing?
30’s and 60’s :D

41. What’s on your birthday list this year?
Oh, no idea. Probably non-essentials, such as another Blythe, and more ink :D

42. Who is your favourite disney character?
I will always be a big fan of Belle.

43. What are your pet peeves?
Rudeness, willful ignorance, disrespect (esp. of another culture…I see this a lot, makes me want to hit someone), children who have clearly never been disciplined a day in their lives and act as such, people who put those lame “our family” stickers on their car…yes, you all look like stick figures…how much taste have you lost lately, hmm?

44. What is your favourite quote?
“It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live.” ~ Albus Dumbledore




And now!
HAIR!


This is like, RIGHT afterwards.
I liked the cut, hated the way it was styled.

Mhmm.

I LOVE the back. So short!

Here it is today,
after washing all the soccer-mom out.
Daaaahling, I LOVE it.


And here I am with hair:

I wore this to a football game
last saturday.
Sometimes I look fifteen.

PINK!
AFI top from old workplace, altered by me.
Skirt: thrifted & chopped
Leggings & Shoes: Mall in Yokosuka


GASP!
SKINNIES!


I love that I can rock headbands again.
Jeans: Forever21
Blondie Top: KMart, altered by me.
Vest: PX in Yokota
Shoes: Payless, ages ago.
Headband: KMart, ages ago.
Teenie Tiny Pumpsocks: Mall in Yokosuka.

Blurry!

I love my natural wave again.

That is all for now.
I was going to review Grey Gardens,
but I think that requires another viewing.
So there's that to look forward to ;)


'Til Next We Meet,
♥,
~ Amy




1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You look super cute. Love the hair post-soccer mom.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home