Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Limping 'Round On Pagan Holidays...

The Time Has Come

To chop off the hair.
Frankly, this saddens me, but it can't be helped.
Much as I love my hair long and flat-ironed,
it simply doesn't agree with
the Japanese weather, not at all.
Generally, you see me pictured inside,
in my nice air-conditioned apartment!
As soon as I step outside, however,
all that crisping is for not.
The humidity grabs ahold of my French-Irish locks
and twists them for all it's worth.
Not pretty. Not at all.
And it's only getting HOTTER here
in the Land of The Rising Sun.

Happily, I have the name of a stylist.
Plus, Husbot likes short hair on me.
Still, I was a bit lost on what to do.
I want something I haven't done before!

Then I saw this lovely girl
in the Sartorialist:

Will it work on my head?
With my face?
Who knows!

Here's me, currently.

Yuk.
And for those who never saw,
here I am when I had my FAVORITE short cut,
dyed midnight blue :D


Loved it.
Perhaps I'll just be daring
and see what happens.
It's just hair!
Plus, worst comes to worst,
fisherman hats are all the rage here ;)





Entry of substance soon.
Full of books and things.
For now, I'm tired.
It was a hard weekend, emotionally.
Being far away from Family
when Bad Things happen isn't fun.
But there is life to be lived.
And hair to be chopped.
Naptime.


Til Next We Meet,
♥,
~ Amy



2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I don't know, Amy. My hair which is not normally curly gets curly if I have it short and layered in the hot humid weather. As a matter of fact I've been keeping my longer in the summertime for just that reason. I hope you have better luck with it than I do, but I think in order to have straight locks in Japan you may need to have been born Japanese... Of course you could go really, really, really short (so short it really couldn't curl), but I'm not sure that's the look your thinking about. Aren't there products to discourage the sort of hair behavior you're dealing with???

8:33 AM  
Blogger losile said...

Wellp, I should have specified, I LIKE my hair getting curly when it's short, as I can manage it much more easily. Also, said anti-curl products work better when I don't have a full-on mane to tame :P Hopefully this holds true here in Japan.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home