Thursday, May 28, 2009

Meow!



Normally I don't post daily event-type entries on this blog,
however!
Today is no ordinary day!
I has a kitty!!!!!
Well, almost.

First my application has to go through, and THEN Husbot has to meet her as well, they like everyone in the family to meet the pets before they go home. Or he can simply email them and say "Yes, we talked about this, kitty will not be an unwanted surprise, etc." I understand that all this must be done because a) it's military-affiliated and b) they really care about the animals there. They have a big playroom for all the kitties, things for them to climb on, etc. They love the cats they take care of, which is lovely and makes me very happy for the homeless/abandoned pets. Still, I am impatient :D

Her name is Genie (I could change it, she's only 2 years old, but I kinda like it. Feral child :D). She's spayed already, and is suuuuper sweet and cuddly, if a little bit shy. She's a brown and tan striped tabby, on the smaller side and quite dainty. I kicked myself for not taking a picture, I forgot until after we'd left. Soon, though! The gal pictured above is a dead-ringer.

Am excited! I may have to wait until the 9th before I can bring her home, but it'll be worth it. Perhaps I'll visit her after my AOB classes next week :D

KITTY!

EDIT: You can find out more about PAWS,
where Genie is living, here!

~ Amy


2 Comments:

Blogger LNA said...

Cute kittie! I'm so happy for you!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Shen-Shen said...

AHH omg, SO cute!! (And I'm not even a cat person!)

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home