Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And The Livin's Eeeeasy...


I Return!

Good Lord, gone for a bit hmm?
This past week and a half has been utterly nuts.
I had my AOB class all last week (blah),
and then Husbot was home for a long weekend (yay!).
Not to mention that on monday,
the bulk of our belongings arrived!
Joy! Rapture!
Few things are more endearing than
a cute boy putting together a bookshelf :D

So yes, it's been a busy week,
and I am pleased to be back into my routine,
even if Husbot is back out to sea for oh,
three months :P

But as I sit here,
munching yummy chips and avocado dip,
I realize the past week has been
full of things to be happy about.
In addition to a husbot and all our stuff,
here are some other silly things to make Amy happy!

While still a swiftly-tilting-ball-of-cat,
Ampersand (formerly Genie) has settled in nicely!
She is terribly affectionate!
Also a bit of an attention-starved Diva.
She picked the perfect Humans.
I enjoy kitty-cuddles and playing.

Newest Dolly!
Her name is Sookie.
My Husbot spoils me.
I think I'm done buying dolls
for a little while though!
They do delight me so.

Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer
have finally outed themselves as a couple.
About damn time.
Now it's true, I tend to admire many folks,
but generally just for their chosen crafts.
The obsession with the personal lives of celebs
weirds me out, frankly, these are real people
you're stalking, with real lives.
However, in this case, these are two people
who so graciously allow their fans in on their
ups and downs, good days, bad days, etc.
It's nice to see them both so happy :D
Amanda's entry in her blog on the subject
especially made me grin.


And Then,

Katers tagged me,
for this lengthy meme!
Woot!


What is your current obsession?
Well, there are many life-long ones, such as Star Wars, Dolls, Tiny Boxes and Exciting Footwear. As for a current phase, I am very much enjoying collecting chopsticks, postcards, and paper fans. Considering where I am currently residing, this should come as no surprise. I hope the novelty never wears off.

What is your weirdest obsession?
Some people might find my Blythe/doll obsession weird, either because they find Blythes creepy or maybe I should like more conventional things at the age of 23. To the latter folks, I say go be boring somewhere else :D

What are you wearing today?
Black & White striped top, new denim shorts, pictured below. I am pleased with my new-found comfort with wearing shorts :D

What's for dinner?
Hmmm, probably rice and something else...don't ask me such things so early in the day!

What's the last thing you bought?
A bottle of Cantaloupe Milk from the vending machine downstairs. Quite possibly the nectar of the gods.

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
She is fabulous! And ever so stylish, I often find myself good naturedly jealous of her effortlessly delightful looks. I wish we'd gotten more chances to hang out whilst I was stateside, alas! Perhaps in the future, though!

That question about a fully furnished, paid-for house that everyone answers with 'Paris' or 'New York'.
Actually, I quite like it here. I personally feel like living in Japan is a dream come true in and of itself. It's all I could want of the moment, even if Husbot must be away so often. As for the future, while I love New York dearly and would love the means to visit it often, I wouldn't want to raise my family there. Give me New England again. Give me a crumbling farmhouse again, near woods and streams and fields and flowers, but not too far from civilization that my kids hate me :D

What is your must-have item for summer?
Air conditioning, sunscreen, and a fabulous pair of shades. I am pale in the manner of a Victorian Violet, and while I like sunny days, the sun and I do not get along. I burn, fry, and wilt.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be?
My sister's house, to visit the kidlets! Even though it is near-midnight there, oh fudge.

Who do you want to meet right now?
Nick Drake is making me happy with his musics at the moment, so, I'd chill with him in Heaven.

What is your favourite piece of clothing from your own closet?
So Difficult! I'll say this top that I'm wearing though, because it can be dressed up, down, somewhere in the middle, it goes with nearly everything, and it looks nice on me.

What is your dream job?
Published Author :D

What's your favourite magazine?
Elle, Vogue, and Spin are my must-haves. Music and Fashions and Pretty Pictures!

What do you consider a fashion faux-pas?
Do believe I've covered most of them in this blog. But for good measure: Stop Dressing Trashy.

Describe your personal style.
Boho Audrey Hepburn.

What are you going to do after this?
Resist the urge to run into Yokosuka for sushi, and instead finish unpacking these boxes. I can go into town tomorrow, with a clean house behind me.

Three styling tips that always work for you:
1. Know what flatters my frame.
2. Mascara, no matter what the occasion.
3. When in doubt, wear tights under it.

What are you proud of?
Definitely silly things, like style and creative projects and leaving various selfish vices behind me. I am also pretty proud of being in a good relationship...it's 50% my doing, after all :D

What do you see outside your window?
Many trees, other buildings, hawks...I am eight floors up!

What is your favorite color?
It's such a cop-out, but it's true, BLACK. It can be so many things!

What is your weakness?
Procrastination. And also skittles, woe to my midsection.

What animal would you be?
I must also go with cat! It would be delightful, acting like the queen of the universe and being treated as such.

What would you like to learn how to do?
Speak Japanese. I am getting there, slowly but surely.

What do you want to never happen in life?
LAWL at the zombies, Kater XD
Um! Obviously, there are many things I'd like to not happen. Deaths in the family, houses catching on fire, alien invasions, etc. As for things I don't think I'd be able to handle, however, I think the death of a child would be it. I have a hard enough time when a friend or a grandparent or even a PET dies. I can't imagine what I would do if I had a child, and they were killed. Husbot is directly after that on the list.

What is on your bedside table?
Three piles of books, a lamp, and my Hello Kitty alarm clock. Perhaps also my glasses, in their cute antique case.

What was your favorite children's book?
Best Friends, by Steven Kellogg. I recently bought it off of Amazon, and it sits proudly on my bookshelf.

What did you want to be as a child?
An actress, a model, a writer, a mommy.

What did you dream about last night?
I cannot recall, though I do remember that it was rather upsetting.

Which do you prefer, day or night?
These days, daytime. I love the evening more, though.

What would you like to get your hands on right now?
All the shoes in the world ever.

What is your must-have of the moment?
My awesome new sunglasses!

What's your favorite tea flavor?
Black currant black tea, and also the lovely darjeeling present in this country.

What are you looking forward to?
Kyoto! The girls and I want to try and go there sometime this summer, while the fellows are out to sea. After that, of course, will be Husbot coming home for six months. North Korea best not keep acting like a petulant child :P

Pick one line of poetry that sums up your mood right now.

Cliche, however, it's true.
"Two roads diverged in a wood and I,
I took the road less traveled,
and that has made all the difference."
~ Frost

My Question!
What do you miss most from childhood?
I miss the freedom to act like a little girl without anyone thinking twice.



Now, Wardrobe Project!

Aforementioned outfit of the day:

Noface!

I love these new shorts.
So much, in fact, I have dressed
them up in many ways!
Shorts: Forever21
Flip-Flops: Forever21
Top: JCPenny's, AGES ago.

Now generally, I dislike flip-flops.
Mostly due to the fact that most pairs
are a fashion copout, or a neon monstrosity.
Also, they hurt my feet.

Not only is this pair WONDERFULLY
studded and stylish,
they're like walking on squishy clouds.


Look 2!

Another top that I've had for ages,
Probably since I was 17.
I bought it at Rock'n Willy's,
long before I worked there myself.
Still cute though, and delightfully hippie.


So ungraceful!
I am trying to show off my shoes!

Are they not divine?
These, too, are so very comfortable.
Could walk in them all day.

Have I mentioned the amount
of amazing shoes to be found in Japan?

Look 3!

I got this top at the NEX in Norfolk,
last year. Designer, but on sale for 25$!

These shoes are NOT comfortable.
Do I look like I care?

The Friends episode involving Monica's boots
is brought to mind, most keenly.
I refuse not to wear them, though.
Even if I bleed alll over the streets of Yokosuka.


And last but not least,
my new favorite dress!

Also a forever21 purchase.
I love not spending tons of money
on things that make me so happy.
I am wearing shoes pictured previously:



Diva, jeez.


And now, to finish unpacking.
Not go and get sushi.
Nope, definitely not...
>.>

Here's Amanda Palmer singing with Her Daddy :D



Til Next We Meet,
♥,
~ Amy


3 Comments:

Blogger YubbyD said...

awwww you can come visit anytime! We would LOVE to have a "poof" in the middle of the living room, and the pixie aunt suddenly appear. :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger LNA said...

Great dress!

1:01 AM  
Blogger --V-- said...

hi! just stumbled across your blog. we seem to have similar interests--i.e. amanda palmer doing a leonard cohen cover?!? AMAZING! i had to watch the video twice!!!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home