Saturday, February 21, 2009

Love Is Enormous


Fashiony Post!


I walk the line, between living practically in these harsh time, and feeding my love for off-the-wall self expression via clothing. I think I do so well ;)

Describe your personal style?
Audrey Hepburn went to a Social Distortion concert dressed as a Faerie lolita?

What are the staples in your wardrobe?
I'm trying to phase jeans out. Skirts & Tights & Scarves. Tight henleys to go under ridiculously flowy, shapeless things. Ballet flats. Huge band shirts that I've turned into dresses.

What's your signature look?
Oh I don't know, I have many. I mix really girly things with really tough things a lot. My FAVORITE outfit is my powdery blue and brown Free People nymph dress over a lacy pair of tights, my black combat boots and my black military/Return of The Jedi jacket. <3>What inspires you most?
Music, Nature, Music, Fairytales, Music, Gypsies, Music, FLB novels, Music, Japanese Lolita-girls, Music, Project Runway, Music, Marie Antoinette, Music, Firefly, Music...

Who is your fashion muse?
Katers! Dayna! Zooey Deschanel, Natalie Portman, Natasha Khan, Weetzie Bat, Witch Baby, Cintia Dicker, Mermaids...Felicia Day in Dr. Horrible :D

Favorite purchase of all time?
Oh I don't know...most of the clothing items I truly cherish were gifts! One of my first big purchases with my first paycheck from Rock'n Willys was my favorite white sundress.

Biggest splurge?
I don't splurge either, I'm a deal-finder and a goodwill diva. However, whenever I can treat myself to a Free People clearance spree, it's a good day.

What's your beauty routine?
Shower with scent-free Dove and a dash of B&B Japanese Cherry Blossom
Shampoo: Garnier Fructis Color Sheild
Face: Neutrogena Deep Cleanser, a dot of proactiv face mask if needed.
Usually flat-iron my hair, or put in pigtails.
Makeup: powder, shadow, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow brush.

What jewelry do you never take off?
I rarely take off my wedding rings, but everything else comes off before bed! :P
I do also wear my Morganna ring from mum and my big green daisy ring from nana a lot too.

What are you wishing for?
I would LOVE a cute little pair of oxford heels! But other than that, I'm not really hurting for anything right now. A high-quality corset would be lots of fun.

What are your obsessions?
Everything lovely and never seen before :D


And here's me. Because I don't have nearly enough cause to dress up lately, and the self-esteem could use a boost.



Favorite.
Dress from Free People.
Tights, Henley from Old Navy.
Jacket from Maurice's.
Boots from Hot Topic.
Feathery headband from my brain :D





Second favorite!
Blouse was a gift.
Skirt & Tights = Old Navy.
Vest from JC Penny's.
Shoes were thrifted.

I spend little money :D


And now, the OTHER fashion plate in the house...
Her wardrobe has been a handy way to get myself back into the swing of sewing!

I made everything pictured, minus her socks and chucks.

That dress makes me grin,
for it is made out of a lace top and green skirt
I bought for the sole purpose of wearing together, YEARS ago.



I like the pretties!



♥,
~ Amy

2 Comments:

Blogger YubbyD said...

CUTE dolly clothes!!!

You look loverly :)

7:03 AM  
Blogger kater said...

I love your outfits, EEE! They are so sweet with such an edge! Also you make me want a Blythe!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home