Monday, April 13, 2009

Japanese Ventures

Have arrived in Japan! Am currently getting our new (huge) apartment all homey-like, as well as adjusting my internal clock to the 13 hour time difference. I wrote more detailed, personal entries on various other (more private) social networks, but suffice it to say, Husband and I are quite happy to be together once more, after a year of living in seperate places. I have a new phone with a much more excellent camera, however we need a cord that will connect to my American laptop before I can share with you all of my visual adventures.

And oh, how visual everything is! Yokosuka in general, while being a big city, still has a rather small-towny feel to it. Streets are small and little houses are stacked and there are gardens and signs and colors and flowers everywhere. People are very friendly here, in base and off, and have awesome clothes. The clothes. Oooooh the clothes! I am in friggin love with Japanese styles, and the fact that, in general, Japanese people dress up a lot more. Even the folks who aren't trying to be uber-hip or edgy wear very clean, classy looks. I have seen many an outfit my mum would absolutely die for on many a classy Japanese lady :D I will have TONS of fun documenting!

But for now, my apartment is quite sparse, though I have done much today to make it feel like home there is still yet much stuff to do. Worry not though, there will be many an entry ahead! :D



~ Amy

3 Comments:

Blogger LNA said...

Looking forward to documentation of your claims. hehehe

8:34 PM  
Blogger Annisa NF said...

wow, Japan. really nice country to visit. I love the cultures.

xo:)

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you doing for work in Japan? or is it just a vacation? If so how'd you afford it?

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home